Next event on
These are USAT sanctioned events and will follow all USAT guidelines. Our distances meet the minimum requirements to make it an Olympic distance. This event offers a unique indoor/outdoor pool swim with a challenging bike and run course. Perfect for the first timer or seasoned athlete.
: Saturday, August 11, 2012
: 6:00 a.m.
.28 mile swim, 10 mile bike & 3.5 mile run
: .62 mile swim, 20 mile bike & 6.2 mile run
: Recreation Center at Northridge, 8801 Broadway, Highlands Ranch, CO 80126
* Early Bird Registration: $70 (online registration only, ends July 28th at 11:59 pm)
* Two Weeks Prior to Race Registration: $90 (online registration only, ends at noon on August 17th)
* No Race Day Registration
1. OPTIONAL -BikeSource presents a pre race triathlon clinic on August 4th from 3-4pm at the Recreation Center at Northridge. This is not mandatory but highly recommended especially for the first time competitors. They will cover the basics to prepare you for race day.
2. OPTIONAL -HRCA Race Director will present a pre race clinic onsite at Northridge on August 7th from 7-8pm. Race details and rules will be covered. This meeting will be very similar to the BikeSource meeting.
3. MANDATORY - Pre Race meeting at Packet Pick Up from 4:00-6pm on August 9th held at Northridge Recreation Center. Parent's Meetings will be held at 4:30 and 5:30 pm. You must attend one of the meetings to race on Saturday!!!
Pre-race Day Packet Pick-up
: Friday, August 9th, 4:00 to 6:00 p.m. at Northridge Recreation Center. Please remember to bring your ID and USAT card if you have one. NO ID = NO RACE. Please do not call BikeSource for race day information. They are hosting our packet pick up but are not coordinating the race.
: You will be body marked Friday night at packet pick up.
: All parking will be across the street from the Recreation Center at the churches. Look for "Race Parking" signs.
: The swim is a unique 1100-yard indoor/outdoor swim. Olympic distance racers will swim 23 lengths/ 575 yds (one length = one distance of the pool) in the indoor pool. They will go up 2 sets of stairs and then proceed out the door to the outdoor pool. They will swim 21 lengths/ 525 yds in the outdoor pool. Once finished they will continue out the gate to the transition area. Sprint distances racers will swim 11 lenths (275 yds) inside and 9 lengths (225 yds) outside. When you are tapped with the "stick", you have one length to go.
: This portion of the race is a bike ride through the streets of Highlands Ranch. Please keep in mind the bike course is open to traffic.There will be police officers and volunteers on site to direct traffic. The bike route will end in the transition area. Please note, the bike course is a 2 loop course for Olympic distance and 1 loop for Sprint distance./
Sprint Distance: 3.5 Miles
Participants will exit the transition area from the opposite side of the bike entrance/exit to continue through out the final leg of the race for a 10K run through a challenging, cross-country type network of trails on the back side of Northridge. This is an out and back type course for Olympic distance.
: Will complete a single loop on the same trails as the olympic distance for a challenging 3.5 mile run.